Diploma in Hotel Management
The Diploma in Hotel Management which is a Pearson Assured Programme is designed to provide an opportunity for those who aspire to have a career in hospitality and tourism industries, those who intend to advance their knowledge and skills for better career development and also for tertiary study in future.
The course consists of 9 months institutional training covering a broad range of subject areas, such as the understanding of the contemporary hospitality industry, food & beverage, room division operation, management, finance and customer service, etc.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded the Diploma in Hotel Management by DIMENSIONS International College and another certificate of completion will be issued by Pearson Education Limited, UK. Students may consider progressing to the Advanced Diploma in Hotel Management and subsequently pursue a final-year degree programme at DIMENSIONS.
- To develop students’ concept and understanding of hospitality business.
- To equip students with essential knowledge and skills to embark on a career in hospitality and tourism industry.
- To prepare students for further study in relevant discipline.
- Fresh middle or secondary school leavers who intend to acquire knowledge and skills for starting career in hospitality, tourism and event sectors, or;
- Students who intends to pursue a higher qualification through post-secondary or tertiary courses in the hospitality and tourism discipline.
This course consists of 8 modules.
The course duration is 9 months Institutional Training.
Maximum allowed period for a student to complete the course is 18 months.
Opportunities for Further Education/Career Pathway
For career pathway, students can look forward to employment opportunities in these industries:
- Hotels / Resorts / Restaurant & Café establishments
- Food and Beverage service sector or
- General hospitality industries
Academic Level: :
|Local students||GCE ‘A’ level with at least 1 subject pass or DIMENSIONS Business Foundation or Hospitality Diploma or other private Foundation Certificate (with equivalent entry requirements as Foundation Diploma in Business and subject to approval).|
|International students||Equivalent to Year 12 from the respective home country of the applicant.|
Note: Applicants with non-standard entry qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis
English Proficiency: At least IELTS 5.5 or CAE Level 4 or pass the English Proficiency Test at equivalent level conducted by DIMENSIONS. English proficiency may be considered to have been met and an IELTS score may not be required if applicant possesses a highest qualification where English was the sole medium of instruction.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 9 Months
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 60
- Assessments Yes